Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Serious Talk. Sort Of.


Let’s have a serious talk for a moment here. Or as serious as I can possibly muster. I’m trying to have an intervention here. Do you own white dress shoes? Admit it – one or two pairs from a few yeas ago that you bought, because they were so perfect for summer. But maybe you’ve taken a look at them and they are a little scuffed up or just aren’t perfect anymore. Do you still wear them?

For the love of all things holy. Get rid of them!

White shoes look cheap, because they never look clean if you’ve worn them more than once. Dirty shoes look trashy. And dirty white shoes make you look like live in a double wide and work in a strip club. If you live in double wide and work in a strip club, stop wearing dirty white shoes. Stop perpetuating the stereotype! If you don’t live in a double wide or work in a strip club, why would you want people to think you do? Have some pride, ladies (I would say gentleman, but I have a feeling gentleman who wear ladies dress shoes already know better than to wear white shoes!)

Alternatives: Think about it, what are you wearing your white shoes with? Usually a white outfit or something with a pattern that white seems to go with. Would a solid color go better? Maybe a fun pop of unexpected color? Pink? Red? Green? If none of those are your cup of tea or you like a more muted palette, try tan, light gold, or my personal favorite bone. They are safer colors that are subtle and chic. My personal favorite is bone – because no matter your skin tone, bone always seems work.

2 comments:

  1. I don't own white dress shoes, but am dying to get my hands on a perfect pair of bone heels. Any suggestions?

    PS - I LOVE your blog. And you ... of course! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Kristin! I just got the best pair from Nordstrom Rack - which I totally recommend! Since we are getting into fall, bone will be a more difficult color to find (until January for resort wear). I recommend endless.com or piperlime.com for a HUGE selection and sales! Both are great sites to shop from, with free return shipping and reward programs!

    ReplyDelete