Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Letter to the Editor/Me

Not sure if you're accepting letters to the editor, but I have a predicament:

I was reading your advise on everything a girl needs in her wardrobe and found I'm off to a good start - have quite a few great pieces.

I also loved your point about having the leopard print cardigan.

I've also noticed animal print is very in this fall, with Ann Taylor and White House Black Market carrying quite a few pieces. However, I'm a novice to pulling off animal print and I am wondering how to do it classy. I have my eye on a cute pair of flats, pumps, clutch, and cardigan. Is one piece at a time the max? Or could you do flats and the clutch? Or flats and the cardigan? If I decide to get any, I want to keep it classy.

Thanks in advance,

Your loyal reader!

Dear Loyal Reader:

Merci! I'm also taking letters to the Editor/Me. So feel free to ask any questions! I'm always full of answers!
If you are new to leopard (or any animal print for that matter) start with accessories. I own all of the items you mentioned (flats, pumps, clutch, & cardi) and I wear them ALL the time.

Here's a quick run down of how I wear my leopard accessories.

- I wear the flats almost any time I would consider black flats or wear a solid color. I also love to wear them with a t-shirt stolen from my boyfriend and a pair of jeans, throw on a crazy necklace and go run errands. Comfy, yet interesting & eclectic. 
- For the heels, I love wearing them with a pencil skirt or peaking out of super wide leg pants. I really give my outfit a 50's vibe with leopard pumps.
- With a leopard clutch, I would wear it any time you wear a solid dress. Which - let's face it, is practically every weekend. Leopard obviously goes great with metallic jewelry. I'm seeing a jewel toned shift dress, layers of gold (or silver) necklaces, and a leopard clutch. But! I'm also seeing a white dress, a chunky turquoise necklace, and a leopard clutch - for the middle of summer.
- As for the cardigan, leopard. I have to get a new one, because I've totally outworn mine! Love it with EVERYTHING! I love leopard in the summer with little dresses, but I love it in the winter with tweed.

Here's my eye with leopard, I squint my eyes and and whatever color pops, is the main color that is scene, so I either match to that or choose something that "goes". I tend to wear just one piece at a time, but then I also wear a TON of accessories. If you were to do double leopard, I would say maybe a leopard belt and a shoe. But you MUST get the leopard from the same line. Because you don't want to look like the crazy cat lady that loooooves leopard so much she wears every leopard thing she can find.

Happy matching!
xoxo
N

No comments:

Post a Comment