Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missoni for Target: an Epic-ish Quest

As so many of us know, today was the release of Missoni's collection for Target. I was hoping to walk in my local Target, grab a few things, and tell you about my thoughts on the collection. 

But obviously none of that went as planned.

This morning, I wanted to do a little preshopping and figure out if there was anything special I wanted. But gosh, the Target site just wasn't working on my phone. Finally at lunch a little voice whispered in my ear, it must be because they are selling the Missoni stuff online. Duh. So I googled it and low and behold, Missoni crashed Target.com. 

Well, I knew I was going to the Targ (pronounced with a horribly snooty french accent - naturally) after work, so no big deal. I stopped home, grabbed my favorite rainbows and headed up the road. I walk into Target and the store looked like it was by a bomb. Literally ever rack, every display, anything with that cute black and white zigzag was completely empty. Except one lady, who grabbed an armful of Missoni sheer blouses that weren't entirely appealing to me as it was. 

I suddenly had a flash of hearing a poor review of the Missoni collection, that because Target makes a cheaper collection, they have to use less quality materials - so the whole thing was really nothing special. 

Obviously a story to make me feel better about nothing being at the store. But then! I walked through the aisles again getting my normal Target items and I found a few home wares that people had either hidden on other shelves or put back on a random shelf, because they did a purchase edit. Lucky me. And lucky my house! The items I found are beautiful. They are in classic Missoni colors (that remind me of the 70's) and are made from great materials. And they go so perfectly with my house, as if I'd been planning for them for years! Missoni for everyone!!!


Anyway, I got in line to purchase my special finds and started chatting with the cashier. She was impressed that I scrounged the store and found a few things - and then whispered that they get shipments in on Thursdays and that I should come back then. 


And I juuuuust might. So the adventure continues. Must. Find. More. Missoni.


As a side note, I got on Target.com when I got home - there is way more online than they could carry in stores, but naturally everything is sold out online.

No comments:

Post a Comment