Monday, October 10, 2011

Eating Bravely

I’ve always been a picky eater. I’m one of the lucky many with a life full of allergies (nuts, mustard seed, eggs or any overly eggy product). And anyone who has allergies knows the joy of hives, trouble to breathing, etc. So I’ve always been hesitant to try foods that I don’t know, strange sauces, & exotic flavors. On the other hand, I adore cooking shows. I love the way food works and blends together to create interesting flavors & don’t even get me started on my love of baking. So about a year ago, I had a little “light bulb”. Okay it was a really big light bulb. It effected pretty much every aspect of my life, though I will say, the most major one is my eating habits. And three freaking big cheers for that. Anyway, with this light bulb I thought to myself, if I’m not allergic to it – I’m going to try it. If I don’t have an issue with it (I won’t eat beef, veil, foie gras) I’m going to eat it or at least try a bite. Which lead me to a breakfast of Kir Royale & Snail Brioche on morning at a food & wine festival. Pretty happy moment in my life when I realized I just opened the door to a world of epicurean delights. 

So now my rule is: If it doesn't kill me or make me sick, I'll try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment