Thursday, November 3, 2011

Herb Crusted Fish in White Wine Tomato Sauce

Yum!!! This is one of my favorite recipes - and it's so easy. And I promise that everyone who has it will be convinced you are the best cook around!

Here's what you need (to feed 4):
4 white fish fillets (I use tilapia or halibut - whichever is on sale at the grocery that week)
2 medium size tomatoes (diced) or 1 can of diced tomatoes (for those of you who are semi-homemaders)
Fresh basil (about 8 to 10 leaves)
Fresh parsley (a handful or so of leaves)
1 cup of dry white wine
Cooking oil or butter
Salt & Pepper

1) Rinse your fillets, pat them dry, then salt & pepper to taste.
2) Chop 2/3 of your basil & parsley, then press the flakes into the flesh of the fish
3) Cook your fish on medium high using your preference of butter or cooking oil - about 3 - 4 minutes on each side. 
4) Place cooked fish on a serving dish (though I sometimes use a casserole dish to hold in the sauce)
5) Leave your skillet on medium to medium low and add in the cup of white wine. Use a spatula to scrape the brown bits up and let the wine reduce by a third.
6) Add the last of your herbs and diced tomatoes (strain if using a can) to the white wine. Let these heat through.
7) Put your tomato white wine sauce on your fish - then serve!

I usually serve steamed veggies with it (which I add a olive oil and sea salt to). I can't even tell you how easy it is, until you try it - and it is requested at least weekly at my house. I promise if you're not good in the kitchen - you'll look like a hero. If you love to cook - this will quickly become a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment