Monday, February 4, 2013

Leopard Print

By now you may or may not have noticed that it is incredibly important to me to embrace who you are and what you love. Especially if it's an archaic social norm. If you're into it (and it doesn't harm others), go for it. We all need hobbies and interests.

I could, quite obviously go on ad nauseum, but that's for another day. Today, my though it about leopard print. Leopard print can be wonderful but can get so tacky, so quickly. And thanks to the tween stores of the universe and their love of neon green leopard spots, my beloved leopard print has received a bad rap.

Eff that noise. I love leopard print. I love how I feel when I wear it. It's this blend of sassy, chic, and less tightly wound, as my job makes me a little tense some days. But the key to leopard, only one piece at a time. If you wear more than one piece at a time you're going to look like a lunatic.

Here are the best pieces that you can get, that would work with just about any favorite print or graphic color as a pop:

- Shoes. I always have at least two pairs of leopard print shoes. One flat and one heel, so work and play are both covered. And believe me, any time I need a little bit of funk or sass in an outfit, leopard shoes are my go to.

- Cardigan or Coat. I love adding on a little sassy cover that might not stay on the whole time I have an outfit. Just a little ump.

- Purse or Clutch. I have seen a lot of terrible leopard print adds in my day. But a really good one can make all the difference in the world. If you're not really to take the plunge with a purse, a little make up bag or wallet is a nice addition to your normal purse gear, to brighten up your day.

- Scarf. This is an easy way to try something new or embrace something you love with a big impact for a little price. Just remember, only one piece at a time.

I'll leave you with this, what's your leopard print? What makes you feel chic, yet care free, with only one piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment