Sunday, February 3, 2013

Football Party Bean Dip

I am a college football fan. Professional football, in my humble opinion is only good for beer and food. Otherwise it's a bunch of superstitious crazies or bandwagon "I live near here, so I'm going to be a fan" types. Bah. College football is way better to watch.

Living in a part of the country that adores football and there being a mildly large game tonight... I wanted to share my favorite go to for a football viewing party. Mexican Cheesy Bean Dip!!!






It's so crazy easy.

2 cans of refried beans
8oz. cream cheese
8oz. sour cream
1 pk taco seasoning
2 C cheddar cheese

Preheat your oven to 350. In a big bowl, combine the beans, cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, and 1/2 c of cheese. Spread it in a 9 x 13 dish (consider a disposable baking pan if you are not hosting) and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes or so.

Done!

It's so good! I suggest a strong tortilla chip or one that can scoop easily. It's pretty heavy and you're going to want to eat a lot. For healthier options - consider vegetarian or fat free refried beans, skim milk mozzarella cheese, low fat or fat free sour cream, and neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese (it takes nearly the same, but has less fat). Also consider ranch or fajita seasoning or hot sauce for a fun twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment