Sunday, May 27, 2012

Road Trip Crack Trail Mix

Quite name, huh? Well, I wasn't the one who named it (though it sounds like I should have!) Anyway... since I'm allergic to nuts, trail mixes are a tough one for me. But what's better than a trail mix when going on a trip (or trail?) A little salty, a little sweet. Yum! Well, I was at a wedding a few years back, my problem was solved!!! In the hotel gift bag was a nut free trail mix, called "crack". Seriously.

Here is what you need:
1 box of cap'n crunch
1 bag of gold fish
1 bag of m&ms
1 bag of pretzels
1 bag if bugles (I get the BIG bag)
2 bags of yogurt covered raisins

Take two gallon size zip lock bags and divide everything amongst the bags (Obviously a bag of raisins for each). Toss the bags around a little to mix... And you're done!!!

Here's my favorite part: substitutions!!! Don't like cap'n crunch? Use Cheerios or Chex. What flavor of gold fish are your favorites? Use them! Peanut m&ms? Go for it. Regular raisins and some other dried fruit? Yummy! I sometimes even add chocolate covered pretzels!

The possibilities are endless, and it's all so good! Just use what you like, or better yet, what you have around your house!

No comments:

Post a Comment