Saturday, June 28, 2014

Dandelion: Greatest Flower Ever

Yeah. I said it. That weed of which people try to rid their yards. The "flower" only appreciated by small children. You may be familiar with some of its work, maybe poking through sidewalks? Yep. That's the one. It's AMAZING.

First, did you know it's leaves make a delightful, bitter salad additive? Schmancy restaurants are starting to feature it. Seriously. 

But we're here to talk about the root. Specifically, the root made into a tea. Have you tried it? I would certainly love to hear your opinions on it. If you haven't, my friend, you are in for a treat. While we all understand the benefits of herbal teas (Sleepy time for anti-stress, what what!), I had not tried dandelion root tea until a few months ago. I had read about some mildly frightening blend of water, tea, and additives that will MAKE YOU SKINNY!!!1!!!1! As we know, I'm a skeptic until I've tried it. And I certainly don't believe in any magic drink, pill, or serum. 

Time and time again, we are shown the only way to lose weight and keep it off it diet and exercise. 

I'm not one for diet or exercise. I try to stay active and not eat cupcakes for every meal. But, all that cupcake eating and cheese making (and obviously eating) can make a gal feel a little gross the next morning. This is where dandelion root tea comes in. 


A cup or two of this magical stuff throughout the day (the box suggests one bag per cup, but to three times a day) and the next morning... Less bloat. Dandelion root apparently helps rid your body of excess water weight. 

This tea isn't going to make your fairy godmother appear out of this air, but it will certainly help you feel better tomorrow (and so will a few veggies).


No comments:

Post a Comment