Thursday, April 26, 2012

Current Obsession: Chalkboard Paint

Recently I've been redecorating my house and saw a Jonathan Adler mirror that I HAD to have. Unfortunately, it was going to set me back roughly $600.  Ouch! I would much rather buy a pair or two or three of shoes. As some of you know, I spend a bit of time trolling Etsy.com via the interwebz, and figured I could find a Jonathan Adler-esque mirror. Three million mirrors... not one scalloped mirror. But I did run into a lot of vintage mirrors and frames that had been turned into chalkboards. Unfortunately the size I wanted didn't exist. As a problem solver and an obsessive crafter, I decided to make one!!!

Obstacle #1: Find a mirror or frame. After keeping my eye out for a few months, I found a pretty good sized old mirror at a garage sale. Cheap, interesting, cool. Sold. 

Obstacle #2: Find chalkboard paint. (I'm sure some of you knew that this magical substance exists... but some of you may not.For those of you who didn't know, you can go to your local hardware or craft store and pick up a handy can of paint that will turn ANY surface into a chalk board.) I opted for the spray paint and it set me back a solid $5. 

Obstacle #3: Paint. 

So I did. And I love it. Now, my biggest issue... I want to paint everything with chalkboard paint!!!! Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment