Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Letter to the Editor: Movie Premiere

Dear Nattily Natalie,

I'm going to a movie premiere in London! What should I wear?

Sincerely,

Your Devoted Reader, Dana 



Hey Dana!

What an exciting moment in your life! Especially when it is for an amazing cause! Movie premiers are so fun! You get a chance to dress up, see a great movie, and rub elbows with celebrities (and since you don't get to do that every day... who doesn't love a little sparkle in their lives?) 


Here's the plan for you, my lovely friend!! 

Dress: I suggest long. Truthfully. I know you dig the idea of a shorter dress, but if it's going to be cold. Thicker fabrics, maybe a silk crepe will wrinkle less and be more forgiving in any pictures. Here's my thought, if you want to go shorter cocktail length is fine - you want to look your best. But you also don't want to be that crazy girl who is trying to show up the celebrities on the red carpet (because that's what I would do). For you... I love the idea of a sweetheart neckline (classic glamor) straps are your choice. Nipped in a bit at the waist with a broad waist band to show off your curves. Colorwise, I would either stick with jewel tones (because they look incredible on you) or else a simple dark, bold color. Whatever you do... don't wear satin! It wrinkles and looks awful!! Another tip of advice: if you are taking a car to the premiere, take a towel from your hotel room and steam it while you finish getting ready. Take the towel and wrap it around your waist. The stream and dampness will actually cause your dress not wrinkle when you sit (or at least wrinkle less.)


Jewelry: Depending on the dress, my suggestion is go for a cocktail ring and great earrings. Bring the sparkle to your face and a little fun to your hand.


Make Up: For you, I'm seeing classic black, liquid eyeliner, perfect skin, and a bold lip. Maybe not red - but a deep berry! Something exciting and unexpected. Don't forget shimmer on your cheek bones, in the inside of your eyes, and right under your eye brows. Trust me - you'll like it.

Hair: What you want is an effortless half up, half down look with waves. Consider a 2 inch barrel to create waves (and don't forget your electrical converter!), pin your hair back with a few bobbies (but don't be afraid to let a few pieces fall out and not be perfect), and then spay the heck of our your hair!

In Your Bag: Consider a black clutch or a solid bag that "goes with" but doesn't match your dress. Make sure you have lipstick, mascara, pins, hair spray, and an elastic with you. Just in case you have any incidents. 


Good luck! Have fun! And don't forget your Spanx! I swear by them, anytime I get dressed up!!


xoxo,
Nattily Natalie

1 comment: