Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lemon Bars

I'll be the first to admit it, I'm new to lemon flavored desserts. I love chocolate, caramel, and sugar... Why should I waste my time with lemon. Silly me. Lemon desserts are sooooo good!

I have the most wonderful client who just brought me the most beautiful bag of lemons! (three cheers for citrus season in florida!) Here is what I did tonight with these beautiful, tangy lemons.

Lemon Bars
Here's what you'll need:
2 sticks of softened butter (trust me - it's got to be soft!)
2 cups of regular flour
1/2 cup of white sugar

4 eggs
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
2 lemons - squeezed

1. Preheat your oven to 350. Mix you butter, 2 c of flour, & 1/2 c sugar together. Once dough forms, spread in the bottom of a 9x13 dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

2. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Once your crust is done, pour your lemon mix in.

3. Bake for 20 more minutes.

4. Remove from oven (will firm up as soon as it cools down).

5. Totally optional, sprinkle with powder sugar once cooled & out of the oven.

Yummy! Enjoy - because I am right now. (I'd leave a pic, but I ate it all!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment